Tuesday 23 February 2016

Gelli Print Hunting

You know what it's like, you trawl round the internet looking at other peoples' creations and if you are like me think 'I want to try that' and then endeavour to have a go.  That's how most of us learn to do things, you follow the many how to videos and tutorials, you study things and try to re-create them by trial and error and learn lots of different techniques along the way.  

Thats what happened to me when I saw a very talented artist called Lucy Brydon on Pinterest. Her work is amazing, very clever and beautiful.  (you can find the tutorial link here http://lucybrydon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/gelli-print-giveaway-on-my-facebook-page.html?m=1  and her blogspot here http://lucybrydon.blogspot.co.uk/ 

I found this Gelli print of hers which looked very complicated and I wanted to try out the technique just to see if I could do it.  I watched her tutorial and studied her print to try and see which layers went first, and cut out my own templates to use for the trees.

Art by Lucy Brydon : Gelli printing step by step tutorial!:

This is my attempt before the drawing accents. I used my lace mat for the background and my hand cut stencils for the trees, and i used bubble wrap for the ground area around the base of the trees. They do seem a little too symetrical though but i quite like it even so.



 I then scanned the image and used that to practice the drawing accents as I didnt want to ruin the original before having practised as my drawing is not very good.

Ahh well on to the next.....

No comments :

Post a Comment